Problems with syncing to Google again

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
brianvic

Problems with syncing to Google again

Post by brianvic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:37 am

Hi

I've been using VM very happily for a few months now and everything appeared to have been working ok. However, I've now noticed that events entered into Google Calendar are not syncing from Google to VM. Events created in VM are syncing with Google ok.

On the status bar of VM I notice that it says the last time it synced with Google Calendar was September. I've just never really noticed because I generally create all my events in VM to have them available in Google when I'm away from home, which has been working fine.

I've tried adjusting the Google sync settings, but nothing seems to work. Is there any way of kick starting things again?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems with syncing to Google again

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 am

Hi brianvic, in VueMinder open the Calendar Properties window of the calendar you're syncing with Google Calendar, and click on the "Google Calendar" tab. Is the sync direction set to "2-way"? It sounds like it might have been accidentally set to "1-way: VueMinder to Google Calendar".

If that doesn't explain it, please follow these steps to get it working again...

1. Open the Calendar Properties window, click the Google Calendar tab, and uncheck the box labeled "Synchronize with Google Calendar" box.

2. Fully exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".

3. In your web browser, go to Google Calendar's web page and delete the calendar that was synced with VueMinder.

4. Restart VueMinder.

5. Open the Calendar Properties of the calendar that was previously synced. Click the Google Calendar tab and check the box to enable syncing.

6. Ensure the sync direction is set to "2-way" and frequency is set to "Automatically". Click the "Sync Now" button.

7. In your web browser, refresh the Google Calendar page. You should see the calendar reappear in your list.

8. Add an event in Google Calendar. You should see it automatically appear in VueMinder within 10-15 seconds.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA