Time Zone won't update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
david

Time Zone won't update

Post by david » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:42 am

Hello,

First of all, this is my first day using your software and already it's a breath of fresh air compared to the recent frustrations of Google Calender. So thanks for developing and maintaining the software. It's looking very likely I'll shell out for the paid version.

Background
I'm a freelance consultant who works with clients around the world, so coordinating time zones is necessary. Most of my clients work on GMT but I work on GMT+1.

Problem
I added my Google (GMT+1) calendar to VueMinder on my computer (GMT+0), and an event for 16:00 correctly showed as 15:00.

I realised that I need to view my calendar in GMT+1 and so, unable to find a way within the program to achieve this, I changed my system time to GMT+1 and restarted VueMinder. I feel this is an acceptable compromise.

The VueMinder clock now shows GMT+1 which is great.

However, the event that showed as 15:00 STILL shows as 15:00 -- even after a re-sync ... it should have changed to 16:00 surely?

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Update: VueMinder actually changed my Google Calendar (GMT+1) to 15:00 instead of updating its own time zone!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Time Zone won't update

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi david, welcome to the forums. I believe you can fix the problem by removing the synced calendar from VueMinder. In Google, update the calendar settings to use the desired time zone. After doing this, use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu in VueMinder to re-add the calendar. The event times should be adjusted as expected. Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA