Outlook can't sync (9.0 beta)

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ade1

Outlook can't sync (9.0 beta)

Post by ade1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:11 am

Outlook 2010 has recently stopped syncing with Vue calendar. I have deleted my old calender and reinstalled it. Is the problem caused by enabling events as "memos" as opposed to "meetings" or having too many backups? I am using Vue calender Pro.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Outlook can't sync (9.0 beta)

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi ade1, the number of backups shouldn't affect Outlook syncing. Have you possibly renamed the calendar in either VueMinder or Outlook? The calendar folder in Outlook needs to have the same name as the calendar in VueMinder (under the Calendar Properties). Otherwise, VueMinder won't know which calendar in Outlook is supposed to be synced.

Another thing to try would be to delete the calendar in VueMinder and then use the "Add Outlook Calendar" command on the File menu to re-enable syncing.

As for syncing memos (notes?), VueMinder syncs with "Appointments", "Events", and "Meetings" that are defined in the Outlook calendar. I'm not sure how you add a memo to the calendar in Outlook, but I'm pretty sure VueMinder won't know how to sync with that data type. Do you have an add-on or something that allows memos/notes to be added to the Outlook calendar?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:01 am

Outlook is not sync'ing at all. Removed and reinstalled, but no luck.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Can you try re-adding the Outlook calendar, using the "Add Outlook Calendar" command on the File menu? At the bottom of the window there will be an option to control the sync direction. Make sure it's set to "2-way".

Also, make sure the calendar name in VueMinder matches the calendar folder name in Outlook. It might be necessary to rename an existing calendar in VueMinder before using the "Add Outlook Calendar" command, if there's a name conflict.

Do the events appear after adding the calendar to VueMinder? Does subsequent syncing work properly? Were you seeing this problem before updating to the 9.0 beta?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 pm

I did all that and it was working fine with 8.4.1

John Morgan

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I found oneof the problems - every time I tried to sync Vueminder created an identical calender in Google. once I got rid of all the duplicate caleders and re-entered the data, it leared up. But then it erased allthe data -Vueminder seems to lose track of the latest update - all 3 computers are set to internet time. After leaving the computers for an half hour, I reentered the data and it seems to be holding.

Two problems - Vueminders creates identical calenders for some reason and update seems to be need a gap between updates.

John Morgan

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 pm

System is working again. Outlook created different calenders and when the names were made to match, everything seems to be working again. I did not realizethat the indivudual calenders in Outlook were sync'd indivudually.

John Morgan

ade1

Post by ade1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 am

Hi. Since I posted this query I have managed to come up with the same solution that you had. As for saving memos, these were events saved on my mobile and then transferred to the Vue calendar.
All is working now.
Thanks for the suggestions. Adrian