VueMinder has stopped working

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder has stopped working

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 am

Version 9.0.3 has been released. I changed how the required assemblies are installed and how ngen is used to generate the native images, which I'm hoping will fix the problem.

Please use the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu to perform the update, and let me know how it goes.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

stormseye

Post by stormseye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Dan, thanks for your efforts to solve this problem.

I downloaded the 9.0.3 version of VueMinder Pro but it still exhibits the same symptoms as 9.0.2. It crashes on starting the app after installation; same error message in Windows Event Manager.

Incidently, VueMinder Lite still downoads as 9.0.2.

Thanks
Jerry

Ron

Post by Ron » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Dan,

VueMinder 9.0.3 did fix my problems. I performed two different tests:

1. Updating my running v9.0.2 to 9.0.3, which gave no problems
  2. After restoring my "test partition" (where I had uninstalled VueMinder, and removed all traces of it from my windows partition, as well as from the registry), I used the "VueMinderLatest.msi" file (saved from a Temp folder after test #1), to do a clean install of v9.0.3. This was also successful.

(Of course both tests were run on the same HW system.)

Is this v9.0.3 "VueMinderLatest.msi" file (13,062,144 bytes) exactly the same as the official v9.0.3 installation file?
If it isn't, I would like to get the official version, so I won't get the same problems again when I want to perform a re-install (or migration to a new system).
My only official installation version is still the "VueMinder_Pro_Setup_Full_8.4.1.exe" program.

Ron

congruent

Post by congruent » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:53 am

I don't know whether to feel good or bad that someone's having the same problems as me. I had assumed my .Net installation was corrupt so I reinstalled it, repaired it, etc...To no avail. Sometimes Vueminder starts up fine with the computer, other times it crashes immediately and when I hit "debug" it says no JIT debugger was found. I thought maybe this was a deeper issue considering my Microsoft Office applications are consistently crashing, no matter what I do to repair them. It's all getting really frustrating at this point. My plan is to buy a new harddrive, backup all of my files and do a complete reinstall but that is a huge hassle. I hope that it's not Vueminder causing all of the crashing, I doubt it, but who knows. It sounds to me like a .Net issue. Rarely a Microsoft Office program will crash and say something about DW20.exe. Oh, Vueminder starts working again after I restart it. The Office programs sometimes work if I try to reopen, sometimes they just keep crashing. It's all very strange.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Rainmeter, DropBox, Google Play music manager, and Teamviewer all start when Windows starts. I have the latest 9.0.3 version of Vueminder Pro.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi congruent, welcome to the forums. Have you tried repairing your Windows installation? You should see an option to repair Windows if booting from your Windows installation disc. I'd suggest repairing Windows first, since that's easier than doing a complete reload, and might fix the problem you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA