Displaying Tasks and Notes in the Diary

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
brianvic

Displaying Tasks and Notes in the Diary

Post by brianvic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I like the idea of this feature, but it can often lead to a confusing calendar. I link a lot of Tasks to my Events and I wondered if it might be beneficial to treat Tasks or Notes differently depending on whether they are linked to an Event or not?

If a Task or Note is linked to an Event could the Event in the calender just show a small click-able icon, say in the top right corner of the Event, to indicate a Task or Note is linked to it? Clicking on the appropriate icon would open that item. If there is more than 1 item could a drop down appear when you click the icon to allow you to choose which item to view? You would need separate icons for Tasks and Notes.

If a Task or Note is NOT linked to an Event then it could appear as a separate item in the calender as it does now.

To please everyone and to cover other options perhaps you could choose to show linked items in the Event or not? Hopefully pleasing those who prefer how it is done just now.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Displaying Tasks and Notes in the Diary

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi brianvic, thanks for the suggestion. I believe I could add an icon (similar to the reminder and recurrence icons) when an event is linked to other items. When the event is right-clicked, the popup menu could be improved to provide commands for opening the linked item(s).

I've added this to my to-do list and will post a reply when an update is available. Note, this probably won't make it into 9.0, but will be in a following release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA