Week numbers only show first digit

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
reythards

Week numbers only show first digit

Post by reythards » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 am

1) Something is wrong with week numbers:screenshot
2) VueMinder still doesn't remember columns in Contacts. Every new start I have default number of columns with default width with pinned distribution lists (is it possible to hide them permanently?)
3) VueMinder freezes when switching to Sharing section in Options

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Week numbers only show first digit

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi reythards, thanks for the feedback.
1) Something is wrong with week numbers:screenshot
Based on the screenshot, it looks like you're using Times New Roman as the font. Did you edit your own appearance theme? Can you try the default theme (in the Appearance Options) and let me know if you still see the problem? If you're using a custom theme, the problem can be solved by decreasing the font size used for week numbers. If you're not sure where this setting is located in the appearance theme, please email it to me and I'll fix it for you.

2) VueMinder still doesn't remember columns in Contacts. Every new start I have default number of columns with default width with pinned distribution lists (is it possible to hide them permanently?)
This appears to be a bug. The column widths and distribution pin state should be restored. I'll work on fixing this for the next version.

This is expected. VueMinder is searching the network for all SQL Servers that have a VueMinder database, so the drop-down list of servers can be populated. This takes a few seconds, which is why you see the freeze. I'll see if I can improve this, to show status of what is happening and why the program is not responding. It shouldn't take more than 10-20 seconds, so if it's freezing for longer than that, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Andre C

Post by Andre C » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 am

Is it possible to create an option to point VueMinder to just the one server that has an SQL Server installed running the VueMinder database? Most people will just have the one VueMinder server on a given LAN and searching all computers in this LAN is probably not needed in most cases.

Cheers,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 pm

I apologize for not explaining this better. The sharing option for specifying the server only accepts one server name.

I could make it a text field (no drop-down button), but this would require the user to know/remember the name of the computer where VueMinder Server was installed. Also, they could enter the wrong computer name. The software currently looks for computers that have the VueMinder database installed, and pre-populates the drop-down list with the correct computer name(s).

I'll change this in the next version to wait until the drop-down button is actually clicked before initiating the search, so there won't be any delay when the Sharing Options are first opened.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Andre C

Post by Andre C » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 am

"I could make it a text field (no drop-down button), but this would require the user to know/remember the name of the computer where VueMinder Server was installed."

You could possibly do something like this:
1) If valid VueMinder Server found using computer name or IP address specified in text box, use this and do not run a search.
2) If the above fails warn user, clear the text box, run a search and populate the drop-down box.

Cheers,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:37 pm

These problems have been fixed in 9.0.1. To update, use the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

You should no longer see a delay when the Sharing Options window is opened. The only delay will occur when clicking the drop-down button in the "Server name" field. A message will appear to explain why there's a delay.

The contact list columns widths will be restored, along with the docking state of the Distribution List pane.
Dan Chartrand, Founder