Vueminder not working properly

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Sunjhi

Vueminder not working properly

Post by Sunjhi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Vueminder does not show up in the taskbar. It also will not properly execute the "Show Calendar" from the desktop mini calandar. I tried repairing it, and have also tried removing and reinstalling it. The same errors are showing up.

Any ideas?

Doug

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder not working properly

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Doug, there might be something corrupted in the settings. Try resetting your data and settings using the utility linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup. Try to pick a backup that was generated before you started seeing the problem.

Note, I’m assuming you didn’t disable the automatic backup feature, which generates a backup of the data every 8 hours (by default). If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, search your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you changed the backup settings.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA