description lost on events view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bsaett

description lost on events view

Post by bsaett » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am

Hello, after last update (9.0) I have a problem.
In the Events view every time I move an event updating it, the description disappear. That happens only if I edit an event, but the description is lost on the monitor and on the printed paper.
Please can you fix this?

2 attached images with an explanation of the problem
Attachments
vm.zip
(42.16 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: description lost on events view

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 am

Hi bsaett, I apologize for the problem. I've tried to duplicate it, but I'm not seeing this happen. Maybe there's something different in your description text that is triggering this behavior.

Can you open the event, click the "Plain text" tab at the bottom of the Description editor, and copy/paste that text in an email to me? I'll try get the same behavior. If I'm able to duplicate a problem, then it's much easier to determine how to fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 am

Hello Dan,

thanks for fast reply. The problem happens to all the events edited after the upgrade. In the plain text view there is only the paragraph tag. I have tried to change fonts, colors, the problem remains.
Anyway I have attached a .txt file with the plain text of all the events where the problem occurs.
Attachments
vm_plain_bsaett.txt
(229 Bytes) Downloaded 198 times

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Hello,
today I noticed something. I do not know if it matters.
However, I edited an event and I noticed that the events that no longer display description have all the tag paragraph 'p', while the events not properly displayed don't have the tag 'p' (though they have tag 's p a n').
I do not know if it is useful to fix VM. However if I delete the paragraph tag the description of the event is displayed again.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:51 am

Hi bsaett, thanks for the information. The <p> tag is HTML code for the start of a new paragraph, which usually involves some white space before the top of the paragraph. I believe the white space (and only the white space) is what you're seeing in the Event List. A correction has been made for the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks, I'll wait for the fix. :)