Can't create new events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Digirati

Can't create new events

Post by Digirati » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Just updated the application, and now I am unable to create new events, tasks or anything. The desktop calendar shows up, but clicking either "Show Calendar" or the program icon doesn't open the app. If I can't add events and tasks, it's worthless to me. What is going on. Updates are supposed to FIX problems.
Passwords are like underwear.
You should always use good ones.
You should change them often.
Do not leave them out where others can see them.
Never loan them out to anyone for ANY reason!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can't create new events

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 pm

This could be a problem with the Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 installation on your computer. If you're using XP or Vista, .NET 3.5 SP1 can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

It's also possible something went wrong with the update. Try uninstalling (via the Control Panel). This won't remove any data or your license information. Next, download and install from the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

Please let me know if neither of these fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Digirati

Post by Digirati » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I tried removing and reinstalling VueMinder. Now it crashes when I close the main application window, and it won't display the desktop calendar.

Concerning the .Net installation, I am using Win7 Pro with .Net framework 4 installed. The 3.5 version most specifically does not mention or include Win7 in supported OS's.

I'm pretty sure it's not the .Net framework, because everything was working until I updated. And now that I uninstalled and reinstalled, it doesn't work at all. I can't use it at all. This is completely unacceptable.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Maybe something went wrong with the data and settings when the update was installed. Try resetting your data and settings using the utility linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup. Try to pick a backup that was generated before you started seeing the problem.

Note, I’m assuming you didn’t disable the automatic backup feature, which generates a backup of the data every 8 hours (by default). If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, search your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you changed the backup settings.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Digirati

Post by Digirati » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:34 am

Resetting and restoring the data has seemed to help, it's not crashing, and I can add events and other data again.

Thank you very much for the help.