Outlook sync will not work

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
photogryph

Outlook sync will not work

Post by photogryph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:50 pm

I have just loaded VueMinder calendar for a trial. I'm especially interested in something I can use on my desktop which syncs with Outlook, which is required for syncing with my Blackjack II. I do not like working with Outlook.

VueMinder claims it syncs with Outlook, I can see the menu choices, etc, but when I press the button "Synchronize now", it takes a moment and then it gives me the result "Last synchronized with Outlook: mm/dd/yy hh/min/sec" but it has NOT synchronized anything from my calendar.

What am I doing wrong, please?

I LOVE the look, etc of the program!

Thanks,

Jim

photogryph

Re: Outlook sync will not work

Post by photogryph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have the new 4.4.0 version and am working under XP Professional and with Outlook 2003.

Jim

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Jim,

In order for Outlook sync to work properly, your calendar in VueMinder needs to have exactly the same name as the one in Outlook. The default calendar in Outlook is simply named "Calendar", but the default in VueMinder includes the user name, like "Jim's Calendar". Try renaming the calendar in either Outlook or VueMinder, and see if that works.

Another way of getting the sync to work would be to start by importing the Outlook calendar. From the file menu, select Import -> From Outlook. You should see a list of calendars that are defined in Outlook. Select the ones you want to import, and then click the Import button. After the import completes, the imported calendar(s) will be added to the calendar list if calendars with the same names don't already exist. Open the Calendar Properties for each calendar imported, and then enable Outlook sync on it.

If these instructions don't help, please let me know. It's possible something else is going on, like Outlook blocking VueMinder from accessing its data, or maybe an anti-virus program is interferring.

Regards,
Dan Chartrand
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

xymptlx

Post by xymptlx » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 am

I am on windows 7 64 bit and also can't sync outlook 2007 with vueminder. I deleted all outlook calendars except the main one "Calendar" and renamed my vueminder to Calendar also. it says it is sync'd but it isn't. Is it also supposed to sync my contacts?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi xymptlx, welcome to the forums. Contacts don't sync, at least not yet. This is on my list of planned improvements. You can import/export contacts, but there's no automated syncing.

As for the problem with the calendar not syncing, it's possible there's something in the Outlook security settings preventing this from working. Please go to the Options in Outlook, open the "Trust Center Settings", and ensure programmatic access is enabled.

If the programmatic access settings are disabled, then maybe your antivirus program is interfering. Could you try temporarily disabling your security software, command a manual sync, and let me know if that makes any difference?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA