Events disappearing from view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bobthebadger

Events disappearing from view

Post by bobthebadger » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi,

I'm new to VueMinder Pro, but so far I've found it fantastic. I do have a weird problem though. Occasionally, and for no apparent reason, the events disappear from my Desktop Calendar, leaving it empty, when I open the full app I get a blank area where the calendar should be. This appears to be solved by exiting and re-starting the program. This is happening on two separate machines. I'm using version 9.0.2 on Windows 7 64bit.

Any ideas would be appreciated...
Bob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Events disappearing from view

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Bob, welcome to the forums. This is the first report I've had of the behavior you're seeing, so I'm not sure what is causing it. It could be an installation problem. Have you tried uninstalling (via the Control Panel) and reinstalling? Does that make any difference?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bobthebadger

Post by bobthebadger » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried unistalling etc, and so far haven't noticed the problem since, but as there was never any pattern to it, recreating it is difficult. I'm ready to get a screen shot if it happens again today.

Thanks
Bob

bobthebadger

Post by bobthebadger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:34 am

Dan,

Have now reinstalled VueMinder my laptop today, but not before the problem happened again. I managed to grab a couple of screenshots showing what I'm seeing, or rather not seeing.

The first is the view on the desktop, the calendars on the left are incomplete and the events in the main area will disappear as soon as you run your mouse over them...
Desktop view
Desktop view
vueminder1.jpg (13.34 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
...if you then open the main application the main calendar window shows literally nothing and all appointments have seemingly vanished although my calendar names still appear on the left as usual, it's just the events that are gone. Very strange. Exiting and restarting the program is the only option at this point.
Application view
Application view
vueminder2.jpg (10.45 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
I'm not aware of doing anything in particular to trigger this, it appeared to be going on randomly. For now the reinstall on both machines appears to have resolved it but hopefully the above will be useful if it happens again.

Cheers,
Bob