Google Sync?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rnjderosa

Google Sync?

Post by rnjderosa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:35 pm

I can not get my Google Calendar to sync. VueMinder Pro says it has synced but nothing ever shows up on the website or on my phone.

I have verified that it is set for two-way and "Include Reminders" is unchecked.

Thanks in advance..

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Sync?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi rnjderosa, welcome to the forums. Is this an existing calendar in VueMinder, that didn't exist previously in Google Calendar? If so, the problem has been fixed for the next version, which should be released soon.

To work around the problem, try exiting/restarting VueMinder and then command a manual sync on the calendar by right-clicking its name and selecting "Sync Calendar".

If that doesn't work, try adding an existing Google Calendar to VueMinder, using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Next, re-assign any events you'd like to add to the Google Calendar by right-clicking the events and selecting the "Assign to Calendar" command. After assigning the events, they'll sync back to Google Calendar and then appear on your phone.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rnjderosa

Post by rnjderosa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 pm

I tried both suggestions and it still will not appear on my phone. I logged into google.com and it does not appear there either.

How soon will the next version be coming out?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm going to try to get the next version released this weekend (March 3 or 4). I'll keep you posted.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dunik

Google 2-Way Sync Not Working?

Post by dunik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I just downloaded the trial version of VueMinder Pro version 9.0.3 after using the Lite version so that I could get two-way google calendar updating. I understand now that there is some problems with this. What version will support two-way updating and when will it be available? Once I see this I will purchase the license.

dunik

Post by dunik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Not to get picky, but this coming weekend, is March 16/17. And what will be the version number (so that we know that we have the fix)?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi dunik, version 9.0.3 contained the fixes to Google Calendar syncing. It was released on March 4, as promised.

I believe your calendar might still be configured for 1-way sync, which would happen if the calendar was added to VueMinder while using the Lite version. To fix the problem, delete the calendar and then re-add it using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Please let me know if that doesn't work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

dunik

Post by dunik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

It seems now, after deleting the Google Calendar, then adding it back in, that any new events that I add to VueMinder ARE added to the Google Calendar. But I cannot add all of the other, existing events in VueMinder to Google Calendar during a sync. Do I have to export all the VuMinder events, then delete all of the events in VueMinder (how do I do that easily?), then import the export file? Or is there something else I should be doing?
Any NEW events on either side is updating the other, but how about existing events?

dunik

Post by dunik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

As a test I deleted my calendar from VueMinder then created a new calendar, then imported my events that I had saved with an export, but nothing was sync'd to Google Calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi dunik, to enable syncing, open the Calendar Properties window (double-click the calendar name) and check the box labeled "Synchronize with Google Calendar", on the "Google Calendar" tab. A new calendar will be added to the calendar list on the Google Calendar web page. You might need to reload the page before the new calendar will be shown. Click the calendar name to make its events visible in Google Calendar. As far as I'm aware, this is working correctly in 9.0.3.

Please reference the user documentation and let me know if you have any other questions.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... lecalendar
Dan Chartrand, Founder