Send Event or Calender via Email Not Working

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
yotsume

Post by yotsume » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 am

I have version 9.0.3 and I do not use Outlook as my email client.

When I right click an event or a calender and try to send it via email nothing happens.

I have my email settings entered correctly and ran a test. The test email sends correctly.

What could be wrong or what did I miss?

Is there no way to share a calender with someone else in the program the way we can on the Google Calender website?
Yotsume

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Send Event or Calender via Email Not Working

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 am

Hi yotsume, welcome to the forums. The "Send via Email" command doesn't work the same as the automated email reminders. The "Send via Email" command will export the selected event(s) or calendar to an ICS file and attach it to a new email. To do this, it uses the default email program installed on Windows. It sounds like in your case, you don't have any email program configured.

To work around the problem, you could manually export using the "Export Events" command on the File menu, and then attach the exported file to a new email created in whatever online email program you're using.

You could also install an email client. It doesn't need to be Outlook. Any email client will work, including free ones like Thunderbird. Just make sure Windows is configured to use that program as the default email client, so VueMinder can know what to use when "Send via Email" is commanded.

VueMinder provides many other ways to share calendars, besides email attachments. For example, you can publish to an iCalendar host, or you can sync with Google Calendar. The links below provide more detailed instructions.
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... use#FAQ201
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page ... use#FAQ113

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

yotsume

Post by yotsume » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 am

I of course do have an email client installed. I use Pocomail. Your email function is not doing anything at all on my end. It must like like Pocomail.

I also asked if there is a way to share a calender with a person as we do on the google website by adding in their email address. Does your program has this feature? It would be great if you could add that in a next version if it does not. That feature would need to sync with our google calendar settings online as well.

I am not interested in sharing a calender as an attached file. I am looking to share a calendar again as we do on the google website under our calendar drop menu listed as:

Share with specific people
(enter email address)

That person can then have permission to view our calendar in their program/phone/website etc.

Again, it would be great if your program could have this feature added???
Yotsume

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Yotsume, thank you for the clarification. If the person you want to share with is on your same local network, you can use the calendar sharing feature described here:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

Otherwise, you could sync VueMinder with Google Calendar, and share it that way.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA