Google Sync recurring events with individual descriptions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Thomas Fertek

Google Sync recurring events with individual descriptions

Post by Thomas Fertek » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 am

Hello everyone
I'm using Vueminder Pro 9.0.3. as a teacher. So far I sync through google to use the calendar on a desktop, a notebook and an android phone.
With individual events, this setup works reliably, but not so with my recurring events.
I create recurring events for my classes, since they are repeated weekly. Then I add the topic of the lesson or other notes like homework or other tasks onto the description field. These are usually 1-2 lines of plain text. This causes the recurring event to get the crossed 'recurring' sign on the bottom right corner - an alternation to the created recurring event.
What happens now regurarly, that the machine syncs with google, and the android phone (using biz calendar) shows the alternations correctly, so google is not to blame here. But the other machine (desktop or notebook) that is supposed to sync these alternations from google does not. Instead the event disappears altogether sometimes or remains without the altered description. The machine where I entered the alternations usually keeps them, unless I delete the calendar there and try to add it again from google - then it the altered description is gone for good.
Like this, I have to keep track on which machine I entered my pupils homework and start up my notebook to check what to prepare for the lessons of the week - not the idea of synchronisation.
Next to it the whole thing is that shaky with disappearing events, that I cannot trust the program not to miss an event or the information in the description, which is important to me.
I guess vueminder seems to have problems to correctly import altered description fields of recurring events from google, since the android phone displays it. If I enter these alternations through the phone, they mostly show up in viewminder, albeit I had some errors there, too.

I hope I made the issue clear and that this can be solved somehow. I'm still hoping that I do something wrong, but I've spent considerable time on this and can't see any error in handling the program or the properties of it. I'd be glad you could look into this. If necessary I can supply my different versions of the calendar that is supposed to be in sync
Thank you & regards
Thomas

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Sync recurring events with individual description

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Thomas, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. I'll investigate the problem and will let you know when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Sync recurring events with individual description

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 am

This has been fixed in version 9.1, which uses the latest Google Calendar API for syncing. A stable beta version is available, if you'd like to try it. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA