Customizing and admin permission

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
MLML

Customizing and admin permission

Post by MLML » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

The new version is great, Dan, and I've been playing around learning how to use some of its new features. I also decided to try to customize an area or two. However, when I went to save the new .isl file, I got a message saying I needed permission from an administrator... but I am the administrator.

Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Customizing and admin permission

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Lisa, I'm guessing you're using Windows 7 and trying to save the ISL file under C:\Program Files\VueSoft\VueMinder. Windows 7 doesn't like that. Try saving to your documents folder. To use the saved theme, in the Appearance Options, specify the path where the file was saved. The file should then be listed.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

MLML

Re: Customizing and admin permission

Post by MLML » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks, Dan. I did put it in another location to get around the error message, but it irked me (in a mild way... no big deal) that I couldn't put it in the same location as the ISL files you included with VueMinder because it made an orderly sense to me to have them together, so I thought I'd ask to see if I was missing something. But I can live with having the customized files elsewhere. :-)

Lisa