Chiming Reminder + FAQ download problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Chiming Reminder + FAQ download problem

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 pm

The options are on the Content tab in the reminder settings of the Event Editor. The options to play voice reminders or media are there, I promise. On the "Action" tab, click "Show a popup reminder" or "Show a desktop alert". See the area to the right of the clicked option? It updates to show the reminder settings. The "Content" tab is to the right of the "When" tab. You have to click it. Move the mouse cursor over where it says Content and then click the left mouse button.

Reminders also appear when scheduled. I don't know why they aren't appearing in your case. Are you sure you clicked the check box to the left of the "Show a popup reminder" or "Show a desktop alert" label? The box needs a checkmark before the reminder will be enabled. Maybe that's why you don't see the Content tab either. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make this any easier.
:?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm

OK, now I see. I must first choose to place a check-mark next to either Show Pop Up Reminder or Show Desktop Alert before I can migrate to the Content tab where a drop down menu then appears.

If I place a dot in the circle next to Play Voice Reminder - am I stuck with a Windows voice? Or can I program a voice of my own choosing?

If I place a dot in the circle next to Play Sound File (.wav) how can I browse to where my .wav files are on my hard drive?

If I click the tiny drip down menu there it doesn't show my hard drive partition letters (e.g. C,D,E) where I could choose the partition and directory where the .wav files are resident.

The reminder I set for yesterday now shows up but didn't all day yesterday. It has 6-3-2012 as the event and reminder dates. Hmmm.

Thank you!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 pm

If I place a dot in the circle next to Play Voice Reminder - am I stuck with a Windows voice? Or can I program a voice of my own choosing?
It's the Windows voice. There's currently no option to change it.
If I place a dot in the circle next to Play Sound File (.wav) how can I browse to where my .wav files are on my hard drive?
Click the "..." button on the right-side of the text field. This will open a file browser. Navigate to the folder where your files are located, click on the file you want, and then click the Open button.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: browsing for .wav files - I've placed a dot in the circle next to Play a .wav file and then there's an empty box next to that and next to that there is a down arrow which if I click on it opens a tiny window even a letter character would not fit in and then next to that is the word Loop.

I don't see where I can browse to the hard drive to search for .wav files.

Thank you!

eager to learn

Post by eager to learn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Oh, wait! I see. If you place the mouse in the empty box next to Play a .wav file and left click in it then it opens Windows Explorer so you can navigate to the directory on your hard drive where your .wav files are stored.

Got it!

Thank you!