Time difference problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Jaffacaique

Time difference problem

Post by Jaffacaique » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Dan

I have created 4 different calendars that were successfully synced to Google Calendar until yesterday. One of the calendars now syncs to Google Calendar 1 hour later than it is on Vueminder Pro 9.1.2.

I have checked the settings on my other calendars created on Vueminer which have synced correctly and they look the same. The internet server on windows and Vueminder are both set to:- time-a.nist.gov, any advice you can offer would be helpful.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Time difference problem

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Jaffacaique, I believe there might still be a time zone mismatch somewhere. Is your Google Calendar configured for a different time zone than your Windows installation? In the “Calendar Settings” page on Google Calendar, double-check the time zone. The time zone should match what Windows is using under its Date/Time settings in the Control Panel. I’m guessing there might be a discrepancy there, resulting in the times being off by 1 hour.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Jaffacaique

Re: Time difference problem

Post by Jaffacaique » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:57 am

Hi Dan

I rechecked my Windows and Google calendar settings as suggested and both are set to the same time zone.
What is puzzling me though is that only one of my calendars is affected and everything was working okay until recently.

I have exported the data from the the affected Vueminder calendar, deleted the calendar in Vueminder then then recreated it and imported the data back in. I have also done the same with the the affected Google calendar also. Although the Vuewminder calendar was showing everything correctly before and still does, recreating it and importing the data back made no difference when syncing to Google calendar again (still +1 hour)

Do you have any other ideas?

Jaffacaique

Re: Time difference problem (Sorted)

Post by Jaffacaique » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 am

Hi Dan

I have now sorted the problem. It was sorted by changing the actual synced calendar entries in Google calendar. Even though the MAIN settings of Google itself were set to the correct time zone, when I opened one of dates on the Google calendar I discovered that it also allows you to set the time zone there also.

What I still find strange though is that when I opened the affected calendar in Google the times were displayed correctly. All I had to do was delete the existing time zone in Google and select London, after doing this and saving the change the calendar entries in Google reverted back to the correct time. I presumed that making the time zone change through the main setting would have carried out the change for all my synced calendars.

The only reasson I can think of for this problem to have happened is that my Calandar in Vueminder was created before the clocks in the UK were put forward by 1 hour and when the data was synced across to Google, at some point during the sync an extra hour was added on.

Thank you for you help any way.