Deleting a Public Calendar event.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Gogo

Deleting a Public Calendar event.

Post by Gogo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I added to my VueMinder Pro a US Holidays calendar.

One of the "Holidays" is a non-holiday and non-event, so I wanted to delete it.

I'm then asked for "Delete Recurring Event" if I want to:

1) Delete this occurrence only [NO]

2) Delete this occurrence and all that follow

3) Delete the entire series

My choice is either 2 or 3.

I don't understand the difference between them.

If I delete that occurrence and all that follow, then I am deleting the series (of that event).

It must have some other meaning - please explain.

Also - if I made the wrong choice (I chose 2 or 3, don't recall) can I restore either "this occurrence and all that follow" or restore "the entire series" - without having to delete the entire Holiday calendar addon and then reinstalling it?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Deleting a Public Calendar event.

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi GoGo, welcome to the forums. First, please be aware that the US Holidays calendar is a subscription. Any changes you make locally to that calendar, including the deletion of events, will be undone the next time the calendar syncs. In order to prevent this from happening, open the Calendar Properties (double-click the "US Holidays" calendar name in your list of calendars). On the Subscribe tab, uncheck the box to enable the subscription. The calendar will be converted into a local calendar, so deleted events won't return upon syncing.

Regarding your question about the deletion options, items 2 and 3 are not the same thing. Item 2 means you'll be deleting the selected occurrence and all occurrences that follow. This won't delete occurrences of the event that occurred BEFORE the selected occurrence. In other words, if you have the occurrence in 2012 selected and you delete it and all following occurrences, then you'll no longer see that event when looking at 2012, 2013, 2014, etc. However, if you go back to 2011, you'll see the event.

The option to delete the whole series means exactly that. The entire series will be deleted, regardless of the year or which occurrence was selected when deletion was commanded.

If you accidentally pick the wrong option when deleting a recurring event, simply click the Undo command on the Edit menu (or press Ctrl+Z).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA