Problem with the time frame for "Available actions".

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Gogo

Re: Problem with the time frame for "Available actions".

Post by Gogo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm

VueMinder Lite v 10.1.7

New problem has appeared with Reminders:

I have one item with a Daily Recurrence: "Library".

What happens (this started about 2 or 3 Versions ago) is that:
"Library" Reminders appear - both Popup and Desktop Alerts, for 3/26/13.
I snooze them both for "4 Hours".
They both appear again after 4 Hours, and I Snooze them again for 4 Hours.

It is now 1 day later - 3/27/13.
That day's Reminders for "Library" appear (since I set it up as Daily Recurrence), both Popup and Desktop Alert.

But the Reminders for "Library" of 3-26-13 have now stopped appearing, even though I never dismissed them.

This did not used to be the case, but as mentioned it seems that about 2 Versions ago it changed to what I describe above.

I would not like Reminders to disappear until I Dismiss them, even if they are identical to ones which appeared a day earlier.

I would think that you agree, and that this is a current mistake.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Gogo, thank you for the feedback. The current behavior is intentional because I received complaints from other users about multiple reminders for the same recurring series appearing simultaneously. This could happen if the reminder for a previous occurrence wasn't dismissed before the reminder for a new occurrence came due. In the latest version, reminders for previous instances won't be shown if there's a reminder shown for the current instance.

I'll add an advanced option to override this behavior and will post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks for the prompt response and explanation, Dan.
I feel better about it knowing that it is intentional - part of what bothered me about it is that I was afraid that VueMinder is losing some Snoozed Reminders, which I now know is not the case.

An older problem has reappeared beginning a few builds ago.
I installed the latest version yesterday and tested, but the problem is in the latest version also:

With Popup Reminders, if I have 10 Reminders I have snoozed and 9 of them I have asked to be reminded in "16 Hours", and 1 of them I have asked to be reminded in "10 Minutes", then in 10 minutes ALL 10 Reminders will reappear, even though 9 of them are 15 hours and 50 minutes too early.

That is what I had posted about long ago in this older thread, and you had then fixed it until recently it's reappeared.

This has NOT reappeared in Desktop Alerts, but only in Popups.

PS - How do I change my email address for your Forums?
I went to the User CP, and the site's FAQ, but don't see it nor an explanation.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 am

Hi Gogo, thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem with snoozed reminders appearing before scheduled. I've attempted to duplicate the problem using the same scenario you described, but couldn't get it to happen. In any case, I'll continue to investigate and will post a reply if I find what is causing the problem.

To change your email address for the forums, open the User Control Panel, click the "Profile" tab, and then click "Edit account settings". You can replace the current email address with your new one. Click the Submit button when finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Gogo

Post by Gogo » Mon May 06, 2013 2:25 pm

VueSoft wrote:Hi Gogo, thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem with snoozed reminders appearing before scheduled. I've attempted to duplicate the problem using the same scenario you described, but couldn't get it to happen. In any case, I'll continue to investigate and will post a reply if I find what is causing the problem.
I just went to : http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html

and I see the answer to my problem explained there.
I'm surprised you didn't have the answer.

But here is the answer to my concern:

"When a reminder comes due, the reminder window will display and the reminder will be selected in the list for display.

•If there are other reminders due, they will also be listed and automatically sorted by starting date and time. Or, if the Reminder Option has been set to display reminders in separate windows, only the reminder associated with the window will be listed."

So I am seeing all of the popup reminders simultaneously - because that is how you programmed it!

"Or, if the Reminder Option has been set to display reminders in separate windows, only the reminder associated with the window will be listed."

Where do I go to do this?

When a popup reminder comes due, I would like to see ONLY that popup reminder, not a list of every popup reminder which I have programmed to popup at later times.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 06, 2013 6:33 pm

So I am seeing all of the popup reminders simultaneously - because that is how you programmed it!
The popup reminder window should only show reminders that are scheduled to appear. For example, if the reminder window shows reminders, and one is snoozed for 5 minutes and the other is snoozed for 2 days, 5 minutes later you should only see the reminder that was snoozed for 5 minutes - not the reminder that was snoozed for 2 days. It sounds like you're seeing reminders listed before they are scheduled, which is not how I programmed it to work and not the expected behavior.

Are you sure you're snoozing the reminders for different lengths of time and not using the "Snooze All" button? After a reminder is snoozed, when you click an event to make its details appear in the Details Pane, what time does the Details Pane indicate the reminder was snoozed until? Is it correct?
"Or, if the Reminder Option has been set to display reminders in separate windows, only the reminder associated with the window will be listed."

Where do I go to do this?
The option is in the Reminder Options, accessed via the Options menu. Uncheck the box labeled "Combine popup reminders into a single window".
When a popup reminder comes due, I would like to see ONLY that popup reminder, not a list of every popup reminder which I have programmed to popup at later times.
Understood. It's supposed to work as you've described. I will continue my attempts to duplicate the behavior you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder