Problems with Outlook 2010

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gjbth

Problems with Outlook 2010

Post by gjbth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am

I am having problems with both syncing and exporting calendars to Outlook 2010.

On the odd occasion it does work but most of the time both Vueminder and Outlook just hang indefinately until I terminate Outlook using task manager, I am then able to use Vueminder as normal. I do have a few addins installed in Outlook and initialy thought one of these was conflicting with the process, but even if I start Outlook in safe mode with all addins disabled I have the same problems. I am using the latest version of Vueminder Pro, I had no problems with the previous version.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems with Outlook 2010

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm not sure what is causing the problem. I also have Outlook 2010 and I haven't noticed any syncing problems in the latest version of VueMinder. Maybe there's an installation problem. Have you tried reinstalling VueMinder and/or Outlook?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

gjbth

Re: Problems with Outlook 2010

Post by gjbth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Solved it Dan, there was a problem with the Outlook pst file. I have created a new file and copied everything over so that it contains identical data to the original , I can now export and sync with the newly created pst file.

I have no idea whats wrong with the original file but it fails to sync every time, it must be corrupted somehow. Thanks for yoy help.