Event has swap between user when sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
khunnop

Event has swap between user when sync

Post by khunnop » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 am

Hi

I use google calendar (created one google calendar account per one user) sync with all outlook calendar of users and get all of them to show on VUEMINDER by add google calendar under menu file. Everything look good but the problem is when user has create meeting or appointment and invite other user. After invited user was accepted an invitation. Event will be take over by invited user and when user who created appointment or meeting has sync event will be take over back. Event will be swap between user who is created and invited user depend who is last sync.

How can I fix this? I want event belong to user that create each event not invited user.

Thanks & Regards
Noppadol

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event has swap between user when sync

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:24 am

Hi Noppadol, welcome to the forums. Can you clarify? How are you determining the owner of the event? In VueMinder, only calendars are "owned" when sharing. Events are associated with calendars. If a calendar is shared among multiple users, and the permissions are set to "Contributor", then everyone can modify the shared events. There's really no ownership of an event.

Maybe you mean the event is getting associated with a different calendar and being removed from the original? If that's the case, please let me know and I'll see if I can determine what's causing this behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

khunnop

Re: Event has swap between user when sync

Post by khunnop » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:09 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply the forums.
So we use outlook calendar around 20 users so we have signed up google calendar account one user per one account and all of user will sync their outlook calendar to their google calendar so I have signed up one main google calendar account and let them share their google calendar to this main google calendar account able to see their calendar. After that I have add main google calendar to VUEMINDER software so software can see all of calendar that sharing to this main google calendar. The problem is when user was created their event on their outlook calendar and invite other user to event and sync with their google calendar.

on Vueminder software will show wrong data when software sync with main google calendar it will show wrong owner of this event so actually right owner should be who is created this event but it become to invitee.

This event will be move between invitee calendar and calendar of who is created this event.
(I think it depend which calendar is last sync).

Could you please help me to fix about this?

Thanks & Regards
Noppadol