Unable to update from 9.1.2 to 9.1.3

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Ron.Harvey

Unable to update from 9.1.2 to 9.1.3

Post by Ron.Harvey » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

I would like to update to the newer program, but have been unable to do so because of a missing VueMinderLiteLatest.msi file that the program attempts to use. Is there anywhere that I could download this file since it is no longer on my computer? If not, what steps could I take to uninstall the previous version to upgrade to the newer version?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to update from 9.1.2 to 9.1.3

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi Ron, welcome to the forums. The message you’re seeing can happen if your Windows registry is messed up. This is a fairly common problem for all installable programs in Windows - so common that Microsoft created a utility to allow programs to be uninstalled when the registry gets into this corrupted state, because this was happening to Microsoft Office installations.

You can download the utility using the link below. If you’re using Windows Vista or 7, run the utility as the administrator (via the right-click menu). Otherwise you’ll get an error.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/msicuu2.exe

The utility might not create a shortcut on your Start menu. However, it will be installed under “C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer Clean Up”. Run the file named “msicuu.exe” to remove VueMinder (if listed). This won’t delete any of your calendar data.

After using the utility to remove VueMinder, you can download and install the latest version by using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

I hope that helps. Please let me know if that doesn’t fix it, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA