2-way Google calendar sync not working?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
pollypocket

2-way Google calendar sync not working?

Post by pollypocket » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm

I have Vueminder Pro on my laptop and was wanting to sync it with my Android phone(samsung galaxy s3).

Since Vueminder doesn't have an android app( :( ) there are only 2 options, syncing to Outlook(wired), or Google calendar(wireless). I chose Google calendar.

I selected 2 way sync when setting everything up. I added a few events to Google calendar to test it out and they are showing in Vueminder, but Vueminder events are not showing up on Google calendar.

What am I doing wrong?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 2-way Google calendar sync not working?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 am

Hi pollypocket, welcome to the forums. I’m not sure why the events aren't uploading to your Google Calendar. Can you open the Calendar Properties (double-click the calendar name) and make sure the “Sync automatically” box is checked? When you create a new event in VueMinder, are you sure you’re associating the event with the calendar that is synced? The calendar is specified on the Event Editor, in the “Calendar” field.

On the Google Calendar web page, take a look at the calendar list. It’s possible VueMinder is uploading the events to a different calendar, maybe one that isn’t visible or isn’t synced to your phone.

If the events belong to the correct calendar and syncing is set to happen automatically, maybe something is preventing the automatic sync. This could be related to a firewall blocking VueMinder from uploading data.

You could also try manually commanding VueMinder to sync, to see if that gives any different results. To command the sync, right-click the name of the Google Calendar in VueMinder and then select “Sync Calendar” from the popup menu. Do the new events upload?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

pollypocket

Re: 2-way Google calendar sync not working?

Post by pollypocket » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 am

FIXED!

I ran an update and that fixed the 2-way sync issue.
However it only syncs NEW events. Events already on the Vueminder calendar need to be changed manually.