Problem with sync to Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
laavista

Problem with sync to Google Calendar

Post by laavista » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 am

My husband and I have VueMinder PRO on both of our PCs. I used to sync to my Google Calendar, but had problems, so I switched to sharing over our home network. However, our iPhone is not updated with our calendar events using our home network, and I really want to get that working again. I can't get our calendars sync'd to Google calendars.
I could go back to the sharing over the network, but I really don't want to as I'd like to have my calendar also on my iPhone. Is there anything else besides Google calendars I can use to have my calendar and my husband's 'sync'd and the events visible in my iPhone?

If not, could you help get the Google calendars working?

What I've tried:
- I exported the events
- deleted the calendar in VueMinder
- imported the events back into VueMinder, using a new calendar name
- In Google calendar, created a new calendar, using same name as the one created in VueMinder
-In VueMinder, I selected "share", "Google Calendar Sync", I selected 2 way, then OK. No authentication came up. The message on this screen is "last synced with Google Calendar: never". If I try again, nothing happens
- I then imported the calendar from my PC to Google Calendar, and tried everything again. The events are now in VueMinder and Google calendar, but it's not syncing.
- tried "File", "add google calendar", but get the message "sorry, VueMinder is unable to connect to Google Calendar. Please check your network connection and try again. Also check your firewall settings to ensure VueMinder is not being blocked from accessing the internet. The authentication request was cancelled by the user.
-network is up and running
- firewall is not blocking
- no authentication request came up

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

laavista

HELP: Update w Problem with sync to Google Calendar

Post by laavista » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Now I do not have any calendars that sync. I tried starting over to sync to Google calendar (see steps below). Then I tried to go back to Network sharing and now that doesn't work.
HELP!

So I've tried starting all over.

In my google calendar:
- logged in
- checked existing calendar. Looks OK. Has the events
- added 'share calendar' with my husband's account

On my PC
-I exported my calendar.
- Deleted the calendar in Vueminder
- imported it back
- logged into google calendars
- in Vueminder: file\add a google calendar
- selected the calendar in google
- when it authenicated it, it went through
- does not sync. Bottom right on screen shows calendar name and # of events, but does not show sync icon
- share, Google calendar sync. 'synchonize w google calendar' is checkmarked, 2 way, sync automatically
- sync now, nothing happens. screen shows "last synced with google calendar: never"

on my husband's PC
- logged in to my husband's google calendar
- Deleted the calendar in Vueminder
- in Vueminder: file\add a google calendar
- selected the calendar in google
- when it tried to authenicate, it went into Word and the title of the document was "ServiceLogin" with a bunch of red X's
- his calendar is not syncing with Google

laavista

Update: Problem with sync to Google Calendar

Post by laavista » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Got network sharing back again.

Guess I will give up on syncing to Google calendars so iPhone is updated.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problem with sync to Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 am

Hi laavista, I'm not sure what is causing the errors you're seeing with connecting to Google Calendar.

I'm currently working on adding the ability to sync VueMinder Ultimate with Microsoft Exchange Server. This would provide an alternative to both syncing with Google Calendar and sharing through VueMinder Server. iPhone has built-in support for syncing with Exchange Server, as explained in the page linked below:
http://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Your-iPhone ... t-Exchange

You don't need to purchase or install Exchange Server yourself. You could get an Exchange Server account from Rackspace or another provider. The cost for hosting Exchange Server on Rackspace is $10 per month, per mailbox.

Like Google Calendar syncing, this approach would be wireless. You could configure all your computers and mobile devices to sync with the same calendar on Exchange Server. It will be a much simpler alternative. A new beta containing this feature will be available soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

Post by laavista » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am

I like that there is a potential alternative. I've tried twice now to sync to Google Calendars. Will there be an announcement when the Beta test is available?

Thanks for your response!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 am

Yes, the functionality will be in 10.0 Beta 8, which will be announced on the following thread:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=908
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

suirsuss

Post by suirsuss » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

proxy settings in internet options might be enabled

i refer you to my successful solution to the problem

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 0b93070081