Task list

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
GreatLakes

Task list

Post by GreatLakes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm

My tasks are listed correctly in the calendar view, put when I try to toggle to the task list, in a list view, I can not get a list of all categories. I have done this correctly many times before. I see one category listed, but when I try to clear, or list any other categories, only one category remains listed from a previously selection. How do I get the complete task list?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Task list

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:36 am

Hi GreatLakes, welcome to the forums. It sounds like you might have a filter applied on the "Category" column. The filter button is on the column header. It looks like a funnel. Each column can have a filter applied and this is independent of the checkboxes in the category list. Click the filter button to change or remove the filter. See the "Filtering Columns" section in the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... klist.html

Note, I'm planning to improve the filtering of the Category column (and Priority column) to be tied to the checkboxes in the Category and Priority lists. This should help reduce confusion. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

GreatLakes

Post by GreatLakes » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks Dan,

I will try this suggestion.

As a further follow up, I was playing with the checkboxes for hide all categories, show all, show selected etc. VueMinder totally froze up, which has happened before, when trying to change categories. The only way to get out of VueMinder was to reboot my computer. Once the computer restarted the task list came back correctly.

Next time a will follow your suggestion about the filter.

Thanks again for your great support.

mihal.v

Post by mihal.v » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 am

All Tasks without start and due dates have disappeared from task list :(
Date range is "All dates". How to view all tasks?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:33 am

Hi mihal.v, did you accidentally filter by the Start or Due column? To clear the list filter, click the gear button in the upper-right corner and then select "Filter -> Reset Filter" from the popup menu.

If that doesn't fix it, click the "Show All Events" command on the View menu.

Also, if you're grouping the Task List, try expanding all the groups by clicking the "Expand All" button at the top of the Task List (to the right of the "Date range" field). Maybe the tasks are collapsed in a group so you don't see them.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA