Appearance Option listbox - V10.0

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
NormC

Appearance Option listbox - V10.0

Post by NormC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 pm

There is a relatively minor issue with the Appearance Options window. The "Select a theme:" listbox is missing it's title bar, and the Description column.

BTW, I am a convert from Ecco, and think you have a terrific product!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Appearance Option listbox - V10.0

Post by VueSoft » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 am

Hi NormC, thanks for the feedback. I need to update the screenshots in the documentation.

The Description column was removed in version 10.0 because the English descriptions are hard-coded in the language files. VueMinder now supports other languages, so it looked weird seeing English descriptions in the Appearance Options when a non-English language was used.

The descriptions didn't really add much value anyway. A user can click the Preview button if they want to see what the theme looks like.

Since the Description column was removed, the list only consisted of 1 column. From a UI design perspective, a list with 1 column should only have the column header shown if it needs to be sorted. I didn't see the benefit of allowing the theme list to be sorted since there are only around a dozen files, so I removed the column header to simplify the window.

I hope that long-ish explanation clarifies why the theme list was changed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA